Saturday 22 February 2014

24th January 2014 - Bricks Claim for Unfinished job


Friday the 24th, the first thing in the morning was an email from Eden Brae's accounts department for the bricks claim, well I was shocked and surprised with the speedy work. I quickly get the invoice signed and was about to forward to the bank for payment, but something made me to stop and wait until I visit and see if brickwork was really done which I normally do and should always be the case but this time I was about to bypass this as of SS's great reputation and hard work. Anyways I got the invoice scanned and saved in my email to forward to the bank after my visit to the site.

Saturday morning we were driving towards Oran Park thinking we will see whole house full of bricks but was shocked to see that only about 70% was done but front and one garage side was still waiting to be bricked, was very upsetting though. Took some new photos of unfinished job and decided to forward and write to the accounts department who was pushing me to release brick claim as soon as possible and including, CSO, SS and management. Asked them to investigate the matter why claim was issued for a unfinished job and who authorised the accounts person to issue the invoice. 

Got a response back from the construction manager with an apology and assured me to investigate the reason for an early invoice and also promised that this invoice will be cancelled and reissued once brickwork is finished.
Lesson to everyone, never release a payment until you make sure that money you are going to pay for something has or has not been delivered 

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment