Saturday 28 December 2013

Our Dream House at Oran Park Town

       
Early January when we decided to buy our own house as we have been renting from last 8 years and were sick of begging home owners to get this and that in to the property. We have been to Oran Park for a few times just to have a look at this new town but never thought to buy land and build a house there. Early March 2013 we decided to visite OPT but this time not for a drive but with the intention to buy something. Convincing wife was something which I knew I will ever be able to make up her mind for OPT but after hours and days of hard work, eventually I was able to convince her and placed $500 deposit towards a lot in Phase 2C Geoghegan Circuit, its not right on the top of the hill but yes 75% hill area where our land was waiting for us, that time there was only this nice lot available in the street others 3 more were with big retaining walls around them and also they were smaller blocks and also were close to the main roads .Well our lot has total area of 620sqm, with 18m frontage and 23.5m back which is not too bad. I am considering myself lucky to pick this lot and also at the same time was in doubts why this is the only lot left and it's on the hill with good location on big size road. Everyone should be keen in this lot, and I end up asking silliest questions to Greg sales person (nice guy) if there is anything wrong with the lot only reason he mentioned was its expensive and yes it was little expensive that time considering the price now going through the roof (Its way cheaper), I think we did a clever deal. Me and wife went through a few arguments over the size and  the price because it was out of my budget too, but eventually I was able to make the deal.

After $500 deposit we have been given 5 working days to decide if we would like to go for a different lot or anything else and we also had to find our solicitor in 5 days. We then been given 30 days to pay 5%-$500 of the land price and rest we will be paying on registration which originally was expected in July or August but happen end September.

It's very normal for OPT to extend expected time frame for a few weeks to months which was the case for all of us. But if you are not too concerned then I will just chill out and will wait for them to call me with the registration dates.

9 comments:

  1. nice blog. enjoy reading the comments. And lovely house plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally you have a blog. Good work!!!
    Your house is looking good. Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bro, yes Insha Allah we will have more actions from Monday next week after 3 weeks break.
      How about yourself, have you been given the handover yet.

      Delete
    2. PCI should be next week hopefully Thursday or Friday and if there aren't many issues handover might be a week after.At this stage we are looking at 23rd or 24th handover.

      Delete
    3. That's not too bad Muhammad, hopefully not many issues to address and you guys can move in by end this month. Please forward your blog address again.
      We should catch up bro sometime.
      Wishing you all the best with your move.
      Have you decided who you going to get your landscape with?

      Delete
    4. Here's the Link:
      http://entertainer-two-gregory-hills.blogspot.com.au/

      I don't think there should be much to fix up. Our SS have been really on top of things and couldn't be more happier with McDonald Jones.. Great builder had a really stress free build.

      We will bro once we move in and settle at our new place and we wont be moving in straight away. We will get all the work done before like driveway, landscaping and fencing and then move in. We are in no rush anyways. I have got trades lined up for all the work after handover. Meeting up with the landscaper in 2 weeks as he is on holidays to get a quote. He did our neighbours and did a good job.

      Delete
    5. That's great bro. Do u mind if I ask who is doing your landscaping as I am also shopping around but figures are too high. Please let me know the company name if you can. Also if any contacts for the fencing as well. I have added most things with Eden Brae so they will leave only fence and landscape for me rest they r responsible for. I am renting and counting days as soon as I get the keys I will be in insha Allah. Hahaha

      Delete
  3. For Fencing you can try this guy. He has done all the fencing around my house and is the cheapest I have come across. His mobile is 0413 586 848. For landscaping I haven't made my mind up as I am still getting quotes but as the guy who did the house next door did a good job. I am meeting up with him in few weeks. His name is Matt and his number is 0408 461 940. He is away on holidays now contact him after 25thJan. You might have to stick to a plan as OPT gives you $5000 back. No such issues in GH as you can do what ever you feel like. Bit relaxed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great and much appreciate that Muhammad, I will surely contact these both people. Regards

      Delete